I live in Chippenham, near Bath, and I'm in the MALLE!

It is now October, obviously, but I'm thrilled because it means I made it through September, which was quite a transitional month. And I did so without turning over any tables from being enraged by the slowness of some processes... Not that being enraged is even really in my character, but I like to heckle and threaten. I started class a week ago Thursday and am excited to have a work load again. I met my delightful cohort, although cohort has a sort of conniving tone to it doesn't it? Maybe I'll be subconsciously inclined to cavort with my cohort. I met them Thursday two weeks ago at our induction meeting at Corsham. Tea was drunk and triangle sandwiches were consumed. I have a feeling I will see many more tiny un-filling sandwiches. I think I'll invest in some tupperware and start bringing my own food. There are seven of us in the program, three full-time students, myself included. Percy is from central China and is very interested in Ecocriticism, which is very popular in China. Verity is from Devon and recently graduated from her undergraduate at Bath Spa. Kerstin, Trevor, Crosby and Gregory are all doing part time so we will have just one class with them on Thursdays. Friday evening we had a social at the Salamander pub in Bath. There we met some of the other scholars and tutors who will be teaching and advising on the program. It was a fun night because it gave me a taste of the more intimate setting meant for programs like these--we aren't that many in number and will spend a lot of time together, so we need to socialize! Here are some pictures.
The pub used to be a chop shop. It's been remodeled.

Tracy on my right, Percy on my left. He's usually quite cheerful.
I've also settled quite nicely in Chippenham, about 15 miles from Bath, and 5 miles from Corsham. I live right on a green by the river. There is a trail that runs along a national bike route just a few hundred meters from the house. I go out walking, after midnight. Just kidding. I wanted to quote Patsy Cline. That's all. I run along this trail and see some really lovely cows, and fields, and sheep, and views. Always stunning views of the skies and clouds.

From the bridge. Always a lot of cloud appreciation.

Watch out! Cow grate.

The road home.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts