Oscar Prep


I take the Oscars very seriously. Its my favorite awards show out of all of them. I've watched them all this year too––Grammy's, People's Choice, Screen Actor's Guild, Golden Globes––but the Oscars are the best! The red carpet is fun, I don't watch it for the fashion, but more to see the actors. My favorite host was Ellen. Her opening bit a few years ago (2007? I think?) was so funny. Billy Crystal came out of being cryogenically frozen to host for the 9th time this year. The Best Picture category has enlarged, but had some good ones in it. On my ballot I have "The Artist" winning. Its done well at the other awards shows. "The Help" has a really solid ensemble cast, but I don't think Viola Davis, as deserving as she is, will win. It'll go to Michelle Williams for "My Week with Marilyn." It'll be an open field, as always.
As tradition, I throw an Oscar party, in the past, pre-Julian/Colin and marriage, Kimber and Elisabeth have been co-hosts, but now I just throw one for myself. This time around, it'll probably just be me, mom, and dad! I have yet to find someone who cares as much as I do about the Oscars, and for the right reasons. This year, I decided to make my own statuettes, out of Rice Krispies. It looks just like the original. I wiiiiiiin!

Comments

  1. that is the sweetest statue. you are brilliant.

    and laaame that Viola Davis didn't win, but at least The Help took best supporting actress!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts